Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Amazing detergent

Word Bank:

different, experiment, edge, saucer, milk, liquids, tension, surface, colours, pour, around, success, food colouring, low viscosity, reaction, detergent, movement, drops, ingredients.


We are going to learn about surface tension with liquids.


What you need

a saucer

milk

food colouring (four different colours)

detergent


What do do

1. Pour the milk into the saucer.

2. Put in one drop of each of the food colours into the edge of the saucer.

3. Add one drop of detergent into the middle of the saucer.


My prediction:

I think that the colours are going to mix together and spin around in little circles. I also think there is going to be some black from the colour mixing together


What's happened:

all of the colours(red, blue, pink and green) went around like a portal. But then the colours started to mix so it went black in the middle. Luckily there were still some colours. The colour didn't stop moving for a really long time.


This picture that I drew myself.

No comments: